Join Redtailtoys in the Fight Against Hunger
Hunger in America is growing. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, unemployment has soared and food insecurity is on the rise. In fact, in 2020 more than 54 million people may face hunger because of coronavirus.
Redtailtoys is proud to partner with FeedingAmerica.org to donate the cost of ten meals for every customer who donates $1+ at checkout to FeedingAmerica.org. For more information on how you can help, please visit FeedingAmerica.org today.
Hunger in America
Millions of children and families living in America face hunger and food insecurity every day.
- Due to the effects of the coronavirus pandemic, more than 54 million people may experience food insecurity in 2020, including a potential 18 million children.
- According to the USDA's latest Household Food Insecurity in the United States report, more than 37 million people in the United States struggled with hunger in 2018.
- In 2018, 14.3 million American households were food insecure with limited or uncertain access to enough food.
- Households with children are more likely to experience food insecurity. In 2018, more than 11 million children live in food-insecure households.
- Every community in the country is home to families who struggle with food insecurity including rural and suburban communities.
- Many households that experience food insecurity do not qualify for federal nutrition programs and need to rely on their local food banks and other hunger relief organizations for support.